Dota 2's greatest teams will once again rain down on Seattle's KeyArena between Aug. 2-13 to battle it out for the biggest prize pool in all of esports: $20 million and counting.
The tournament is largely the same format as TI5: a best-of-three double elimination Wild Card bracket on Aug. 2, followed by a best-of-two round robin group stage between August 3-5, with the 16 teams divided into two groups of eight. The main event is a double-elimination bracket that runs August 8-13.
Will any team become the first repeat TI champion? Will a Chinese team complete the pattern of winning every even numbered International? Will OG add an Aegis of Champions to their already considerable collection of trophies?
theScore esports is here to keep you up to date on all these things and more. All of our tournament related content will be gathered here, so if you missed any part of The International 6, we've got you covered.
- A Brief History of The International
- There is No Meta: How Wings' metagaming disrupted TI6
- The Greatest Comeback Ever Made: How EG beat EHOME against Mega Creeps
- Asia's Year at TI: Only 3 Western teams remain in the Top 8
- Did we just witness the biggest upset in Dota history? (OG vs TNC)
- A Game Away from Glory: DeMoN returns to The International
- Calm and Chaos: What went into Digital Chaos' International rise
- EHOME Away From Home: Chinese veterans look mighty comfortable in first week of TI6
- It's do-or-die time for the eight teams headed to the TI6 Lower Bracket
- TNC: Dark horse or dark hopes?
- theScore esports' Top 20 Players at TI6
- theScore esports' TI6 Power Rankings
- Meet the Replacements: What to expect from LGD and VG.R's subs at TI6
- Liquid vs. VG.R, Wings vs. MVP and other never-before-seen matchups to watch for at TI6
- Shadow Demon: The International 6 sleeper pick
- International Adversaries, Part 4: The Return of El Clásico (Na`Vi vs. Alliance)
- International Adversaries, Part 3: Wings and VG.R, China’s experienced upstarts
- International Adversaries, Part 2: Lies, Betrayal, Secrets and Geniuses (Team Secret vs. EG)
- International Adversaries, Part 1: OG and Liquid, Europe's twin titans
- The Myth of Conformity in Chinese Dota: Four teams headed to TI6 that couldn't be more different
- theScore esports' The International 2016 Awards
- Top 10 Plays from The International 2016 Main Event
- Top 10 Plays from The International 2016 Group Stage
- Resolut1on traps Wings with a three-man Chronosphere
- Fear deftly steals the Aegis to tie the series
- Digital Chaos take 6-for-none fight against Evil Geniuses
- w33's Sun Strike knocks the daylight out of Mushi
- iceice wins the game with a well-timed Black Hole
- zai with the jukes
- SumaiL executes Mu
- iceiceice stayed in the trees
- Don't bLink, you might miss it
- Miracle- forgets he's Miracle- for a second
- Alliance sneak Level 1 Rosh against Na`Vi
- zai's last-second Relocate save
- Fly dives deep to secure kill on Agressif
- Wings' gank on SumaiL backfires
- iceice's three-man Burrow Strike demolishes EG
- coL smoke into Roshan, Escape punish with a huge Sonic Wave
- qojqva's Spirit Bear chomps through all of compLexity
- NotAHax on coaching Escape and how he convinced MATUMBAMAN to play Dota over national baseball
- Nahaz on compLexity's disappointing result in the TI6 Wild Card: 'The pressure may have gotten to us'
- ChuaN on Newbee's upper bracket preparation: 'I think things are going well...but overall we need to work on our draft as a team'
- AdmiralBulldog: '[EHOME are] kind of scary, but I definitely think [they're] a team we can beat'
- UNiVeRsE: '[Any finish] before first I think we're all going to be disappointed'
- JerAx: 'We came to this tournament to win...whatever happened in Group Stage is forgotten'
- Fly on maintaining OG's winning mentality: '[We] can't afford to be not as hungry as the other teams'
- DeMoN: 'We're very happy with how far we've gotten so far and how we built each other as a team'
- Resolut1on: 'MiSeRy was trying so hard against Secret. I've never seen him trying so hard to win'
- Escape Gaming's KheZu: 'True satisfaction would come if we just win one or two games in the Main Event'
- Fnatic Ohaiyo: 'Right now we have a lot of confidence because we know how to fix our problems'
- Dendi on facing Team Liquid in a best-of-one: 'We are not afraid of them and we're going to fight'
- Hao on preparing for the Main Event, Newbee's core-focused style and moving forward as a team
- Innocence on Wings' hopes of winning TI: 'Other than that, we haven't thought about anything'
- Akke: 'Qualifying was only a small step of the dream to win again'
- KheZu on preparing for Wild Cards: 'We need to be able to win against everyone if we want to do good at TI'
- 7ckngMad on plans to stick with OG: 'Coaching OG just fills my Dota soul'
- Handsken on making it through TI6 Wild Cards: 'Until then I’m not sure if I can truly breathe out'
- Fear on playing in the Open Qualifiers: 'I felt it was the best thing for us as a new team'
- The International 2016: Southeast Asia Primer
- The International 2016: Europe Primer
- The International 2016: North America Primer
- The International 2016: China Primer
- TNC and Execration denied business visas, may not be able to attend The International
- Nahaz joins compLexity as coach
- September's visa application declined, will not attend TI6
- The International 2016 prize pool breaks 2015's $18.4 million record
- The International 2016 to keep same format as 2015
- Innocence: 'We have to push ourselves to the limit in order to beat any team at TI'
- Vici Gaming Reborn's Yang still has slim hope of acquiring TI visa
- TNC and Execration secure P-1 US visas for The International 6
- Yang's fifth visa attempt denied, will not attend TI6
- The International 6 groups announced; OG, Evil Geniuses, Na`Vi, Wings headline Group A
- Escape Gaming, EHOME advance to TI6 Group Stage; compLexity, Execration eliminated in Wild Card
- TI6 Group A decided: Alliance head to Upper Bracket with OG, EG and Wings
- TI6 Group B decided: MVP Phoenix round off Upper Bracket with EHOME, DC, Newbee
- Wings Gaming, MVP advance through TI6 Upper Bracket; OG, Digital Chaos sent to Lower Bracket
- Evil Geniuses, EHOME advance through Upper Bracket at TI6; Alliance, Newbee sent to Lower Bracket
- Wings Gaming defeat MVP Phoenix 2-0 in TI6 Upper Bracket
- Evil Geniuses pull off first comeback from Mega Creeps at an International
- Evil Geniuses defeat EHOME 2-0 in TI6 Upper Bracket
- Wings Gaming advance to TI6 Grand Finals after 2-0 win over Evil Geniuses
- Na`Vi, Escape, Secret, VG.R eliminated in TI6 Lower Bracket; Liquid, Fnatic, LGD, TNC advance
- TNC Gaming eliminate OG 2-0 in TI6 Lower Bracket
- Digital Chaos eliminate LGD Gaming 2-0 in TI6 Lower Bracket
- Fnatic eliminate Alliance 2-0 from TI6
- Team Liquid eliminate Newbee 2-1 in TI6 Lower Bracket
- Digital Chaos defeat TNC Gaming 2-1 in TI6 Lower Bracket
- Fnatic knock Team Liquid out of TI6 Lower Bracket 2-0
- Digital Chaos eliminate EHOME from TI6 with 2-0 win in Lower Bracket
- Fnatic eliminate MVP Phoenix 2-0 in TI6 Lower Bracket
- Digital Chaos secure Top 3 finish at TI6 after shutting out Fnatic 2-0
- Digital Chaos defeat Evil Geniuses 2-1, will face Wings Gaming in TI6 Grand Finals