Team Liquid has filled out their new 10-man roster by adding their challenger team to their LCS lineup, according to the team's director of operations Mike Milanov.
Team Liquid Academy was originally created to compete in the 2015 Challenger Series, and recently took first place at the HTC Ascension Challenger Invitational.
Team Liquid's 10-man roster will be the first of its kind in North America, and follows on Korean and Chinese teams' practices of fielding large rosters with a deep bench so a team can adjust to specific match ups.
Though ten players is an unusually large number, in China, Royal Never Give Up recently revealed a ten-player squad with similar plans to rotate players.
On top of adding TL Academy to their active LCS rotation, TL has also signed Samson "Lourlo" Jackson, who previously played for Counter Logic Gaming Black in the Challenger Series.
Team Liquid's full roster is as follows:
- Samson "Lourlo" Jackson and Derek "zig" Shao (Top)
- Christian "IWillDominate" Riviera and Joshua "Dardoch" Hartnett (Jungle)
- Kim "FeniX" Jae-hoon and Youngbin "Youngbin" Chung (Mid)
- Chae "Piglet" Gwang-jin and Jovani "Fabbbyyy" Hernandez (AD Carry)
- Andy "Smoothie" Ta and Matthew "Matt" Elento (Support)