When playing Orianna, knowing the position of your ball is just as important as knowing the position of your own champion. Her ball has the ability to change the game, giving your allies key shields and yourself a highlight-reel ultimate worth perfecting. There are easy ways to keep track of the ball to do this expertly, and even easier ways to control it with these tips and enough experience.
RELATED: A Guide to Orianna
- Orianna's passive damage bonus scales with consecutive auto attacks, so staying in a fight will keep your damage scaling
- When you have levels in E, keeping the ball on Orianna gives her extra Armor and Magic Resistance, allowing her to survive burst
- Orianna can cast R while the ball is on her, and flash into the enemy to catch opponents off-guard
- Be sure to have self-cast E on a shortcut (such as alt+E) in order to more quickly bring the ball, and shield, to you
- The ball can be moved to be hidden by terrain, such as the thick wall by raptors or thicker parts of the blue side jungle
- Shockwave pulls people a set distance, so use that knowledge to place your spells after accurately
- Orianna ball is hidden when placed on champions who have stealth
- Always place your ball either onto you or near enemy ranged creeps in order to get full damage onto the Q
Gabriel Zoltan-Johan is a News Editor at theScore esports and the head analyst for the University of Toronto League of Legends team. His (public) musings can be found on his Twitter.