With an ultimate that can be as game-winning as it is game-losing (maybe don't knock the enemy Amumu into your entire team), Gragas is a very tricky champion to master. These tips can help, and it's definitely worth going through each one in practice mode before coming into a solo queue match as a "first time Gragas."
RELATED: A guide to Gragas
- Gragas can E and then flash into his target directly to avoid creeps and then stun. He can do this in any direction, not just the direction he is Body Slamming
- Pressing E and then Q will cancel the Q animation and do both abilities at once in the directions you cast them
- Gragas' ultimate can also be cast during the animation of Body Slam, getting rid of the 0.25 second delay nerf and giving him an extended range on the ultimate
- Gragas passive works on all abilities, so using skills such as body slam to roam faster will also have the benefit of sustaining the health of the heavy drinker
- Gragas' Body Slam stops the knockback caused by his ultimate, so it allows you to separate a key target from everyone else if timed well
- Gragas can leave a Q on the ground, do some trigonometry and use his ultimate to knock targets into his empowered Q
- Gragas ultimate can be used in terrain, still separating targets from each other despite not hitting them with the barrel itself
- Gragas W reduces damage for 2.5 seconds when used, even after the empowered auto-attack goes off. Use it before jumping in to any fight, and use it during your jungle clear to keep yourself healthy
RELATED: Gragas pro builds
Gabriel Zoltan-Johan is a News Editor at theScore esports and the head analyst for the University of Toronto League of Legends team. His (public) musings can be found on his Twitter.