The 2015 International will take place from July 26 to August 9 in Seattle, WA. It is the largest Dota 2 tournament of the year. While the prize pool is still being bolstered by crowdfunding, Valve has announced that the first place team will receive at least $6,052,026 USD.
The Wild Card bracket will take place on July 26, and feature the four runner-up teams from each region's qualifier. They will take place in a double-elimination, best-of-three bracket to determine two teams to join the group stage.
|MVP Phoenix (SEA)||Vega Squadron (EU)||Team Archon (NA)||CDEC Gaming (CN)|
The Group Stage will take place from July 27 to 30. There will be two groups of eight teams, who will play each other in best-of-two matches. The top four teams in each group will advance to the upper bracket of the Main Event. The bottom four will advance to the lower bracket of the Main Event.
The Main Event will take place from August 3 to 8 at the Key Arena. There will be a double-elimination bracket, with the first lower bracket match being best-of-one, the Grand Finals best-of-five, and all other matches best-of-three.
The groups standings ended up as:
|Group A||Group B|
|LGD Gaming||Evil Geniuses|
|Team Secred||CDEC Gaming|
|Invictus Gaming||Vici Gaming|
|Natus Vincere||MVP HOT6ix|
- Evil Geniuses outmaneuver LGD-Gaming 2-0; earn rematch with CDEC Gaming in TI5 Grand Finals
- Evil Geniuses defeat CDEC 3-1; become The International 5 champions
- LGD-Gaming punch their ticket to the top 3 by defeating Vici Gaming. Xiao8 is the last remaining TI champion in the tournament — can he make the repeat?
- CDEC Gaming demolish Evil Geniuses 2-0, setting themselves up for a guaranteed top 2 finish in the process
- LGD-Gaming send the last European team home, defeating Virtus.pro 2-0
- We round up highlights from Day 5 of the Main Event.
- Vici Gaming eliminate EHOME from TI5 in straight 2-0 set
- Virtus.pro pull off an incredible 2-1 upset, eliminate Team Secret from The International
- Vici eliminate MVP Phoenix from the tournament 2-0, remain undefeated in the loser's bracket
- TI5 Highlights: Main Event Day 4
- EG defeat EHOME 2-1, guarantee a top 3 spot at The International
- CDEC Gaming shut down LGD-Gaming 2-0, defeating their former sister team and sending them to loser's bracket
- Secret halt BurNIng and Invictus Gaming 2-1, eliminate the last remaining previous TI winning team
- Virtus Pro fight back from a Game 1 deficit to eliminate compLexity
- Want to see what happens when you drop your Eul's Scepter for that extra mana efficiency? Sometimes you have a bad time in our top 5 highlights from Day 3.
- Vici Gaming defeats Cloud9 2-0 after a 45k+ gold comeback in game 1
- MVP Phoenix knock out Empire 2-0, and will face Vici Gaming
- EHOME defeat Secret 2-0 in a major upset to face Evil Geniuses in the winner's bracket
- Evil Geniuses send compLexity down to the Lower Bracket 2-0, continue their winning ways
- fy might as well be a human highlight reel with a multiple-Spellsteal sequence. Check it out in our top 5 highlights of the day.
- LGD-Gaming slow siege Team Empire to the lower bracket.
- CDEC Gaming upset Cloud9 2-0.
- MVP Phoenix pull off a win; Newbee first team eliminated.
- Vici Gaming keep tournament hopes alive; eliminate Na`Vi.
- Virtus.pro roll over Fnatic, eliminate them from the tournament.
- Invictus Gaming return to form and eliminate MVP.HOT6ix.
- Want to see a three-man Spirit Breaker Charge? Check out the our top 5 highlight post here.
Before the Main Event
- bOne7 chats about the "TI Meta" and his teammates' ability to learn from losses. Always have a plan while picking, friends.
- Agressif discusses CDEC's group success.
- Dendi talks about Na`Vi's growing pains and the team's momentum
- Noxville on providing stats for TI, being seen and not heard
- Maybe chats about not being able to make any mistakes on Ember Spirit, his signature hero
- Vici Gaming's Fenrir talks about his synergy with his fellow support, fy, and how Vici aren't in form
- Pro player BuLba talks about going from trying to qualify for The International to coaching Evil Geniuses
- rOtK on being both a player and mentor, and how young blood gives him energy
- zai on group stages: "We jokingly said that we created a monster."
- Teams finished their group stage matches, and we chose our standouts to recap.
- Ever seen a Tusk steal Roshan with Ice Shards? You will in our highlight post.
- Teams have chosen their matchups for the Main Event. Check out the bracket here.
- Teams realized that there were definite threats before the favourites today; our notable moments from Day 3 highlights a little bit of... desperation?
- Five more highlights of sick moments from Day 3 of groups means more multikills, more chunked health bars, and more carnage.
- Notable moments from a more subdued Day 2 of groups, as teams feel each other out and try some more unorthodox strategies.
- Five highlights we thought were particularly explosive (despite the Techies picks, they aren't featured here!)
- Notable moments from Groups Day 1, the Day of the Great Gold Swing
- Five noteworthy video plays from the first day of TI group competition
- Funn1k on Na`Vi's momentum and the SoNNeikO backup plan
- Fly on stats PDFs, compLexity's underdog status
- BigDaddyN0tail on TI opponents, success in bootcamps and shaping synergy
- Fogged on the Wild Card bracket, solidifying a team for qualifiers
- ChauN on what winning a second TI would mean to him
- FATA- on personal pressure, his first TI with C9
- s4 on Techies picks, keeping tabs on EG
- fy on Vici's road to recovery, supporting in 6.84
- ChuaN on what winning two TIs would mean to him
- EternaLEnVy: "I need first place. I actually need it."
- Heen on Korean Dota, growing with Phoenix
- UNiVeRsE on being a TI veteran, adapting to patches
- Mushi on Fnatic's sponsorship, SEA Dota
- Arteezy on tilting, Secret's "five introverts"
- xiao8 on repeating a TI victory, the Big God vacation
- Evil Geniuses
- Vici Gaming
- Invictus Gaming
- Team Secret
- Team Empire
- compLexity Gaming
- Natus Vincere
- The Wild Cards
- The Shadow of Alliance: Team Secret leading up to TI5
- theScore predicts The International: Group Stages
- theScore predicts The International: The Wild Card
- theScore predicts The International: Regional Qualifiers Top 4
- theScore predicts The International: Invited Teams
- Valve to approach US government to help sort out visa issues
- ALOHADANCE secures visa; Team Empire going to TI5
- US visas approved for both SoNNeikO and CemaTheSlayer
More stories and details to be added as they become apparent.